he Office of the Superintendent of Real Estate asked real estate licensees and members of the public to comment on proposed amendments to the Real Estate Rules.
The rules proposed by the Superintendent will:
1. Incorporate the Real Estate Council of British Columbia’s English language proficiency requirement for new applicants into the Rules;
2. Create a new requirement for licensees to complete continuing professional education courses from time to time, typically when significant new rules are introduced;
3. Designate the first continuing professional education course to be completed by trading services and rental property management licensees;
4. Mandate that new remuneration disclosures include a dollar amount; and
5. Create new rules to address conflicts of interest where a licensee finds themselves potentially working with multiple parties that would constitute dual agency.